Communicating on the Mural through Technology
Phase one: Idea Stage!
- First class trip to the mural, no background
Students look at the mural for the first time and answer prompts on a worksheet.
- Computer lab lesson/review on how to use e-mail.
Students send mural answers to teacher via e-mail.
- Jagsaw internet lesson where students find info on Rivera, on murals in general, on this mural in particular.
Students teach one another their section of the online material.
- Return to mural to look again, answer more prompts.
- Follow-up writing assignments such as poetry and reaction papers.
Students e-mail reaction papers to teacher
Students e-mail essays to their partners for peer correction.
May incorporate English translations of Mexican poetry as models.
- Finally a class home page where students' drawings, poetry and essays are posted.
Ann Dennehy says, “I would love suggestions on websites for Part 3 and Mexican poetry for part 5.”