I have years of experience in student services advising community college students who face language, educational and economical challenges. I have been working with the Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOP&S), a state funded support services program to assist educationally and economically underserved students since 1982. My role is to provide financial aid counseling to students, individually and in group settings, in the areas of informed decisions, financial aid planning and management to help them achieve their educational goals.
As an immigrant and a first generation college attendee in my family, and being bicultural and multilingual in several Chinese languages, I am sensitive when counseling our diverse student population. In addition, I appreciate and understand the barriers associated with such population. I am always sensitive and creative in finding new ways of meeting students' academic, financial, cultural needs and other concerns.
At EOPS, my focus areas include financial aid counseling & workshops, program eligibility & book service coordination, academic advising, and technology. I love the diversity of student body at CCSF and enjoy guiding and providing students with useful academic educational and financial aid information. It truly excites me to help the students with their educational and professional endeavors.
- Author of EOPS Website, 1997 - Present
- Author of EOPSNews, 2001 - Present
- Reader for CCSF Scholarships, 1981, 2007 - Present
- Member of CCSF Basic Skills Inititive Work Group 2008 - Present
- Member of CCSF Scholarship Committee, 1981, 2007 - Present
- Participate in CCSF Student Development Student Leaning Outcomes (SLO) 2004 - Present
- Member of CCSF BANNER Managers Advisory Group 2001 - Present
- Member of Asian Pacific American Students Success (APASS) Ad Hoc Advisory Committee 2004 - Present
- Member and Co-Chair in CCSF Asian Coalition (AC) Annual Scholarship Fund Raising Dinner 2004 - 2007
- Participated in CCSF Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Self-Study Committee, 2004
- Participate in CCSF Electronic Education Plan Training
- Volunteer in CCSF Accreditation Self Study 2004
- Volunteer for the annual "College Goal Sunday"
- Liaison with CCSF Financial Aid Office 1982 - Present
- Member of CCSF EOPS Advisory Committee 1982 - Present
- Member of CCSF Enhanced Self Study Task Group 2000 - 2001
- Member of CCSF Financial Aid Advisory 1983 - 2000
- Member of CCSF Teaching and Learning Technology Roundtable 1999-Present
- Member of CCSF Affirmative Action Committee 1999
- Member of California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator (CASFAA) 1982 - Present
- Member of National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator (NASFAA) 1995-Present