OPEN HOUSE GROUND RULES FOR BIO-LINK CCSF DEPOT
- Please read this carefully! Nearly everyone who comes to the Depot gets carried away their first time. We are stocked with biotech supplies and equipment. We understand that many educators are starved for supplies (that’s why we are here). But you need to move slowly, document what you take, and don’t take all of any particular item, such as pipets or glassware. We are trying to distribute basic supplies as equitably as possible.
WE ARE CURRENTLY VERY FULL WITH SUPPLIES!
THERE ARE ESPECIALLY LARGE QUANTITIES OF GLASSWARE, PIPET TIPS, FILTERS, CENTRIFUGE TUBES, VIALS, AND SYRINGES OF VARIOUS SIZES. FEEL FREE TO LOAD UP!
However, Remember take what Lab Supplies you actually need, not what you can carry
GROUND RULES APPLY WHEN THE BIO-LINK DEPOT IS OPEN
- Don’t get carried away and please, leave some items for the other Teachers.
- First Offenses will be a warning, a second offense and you are out, along with anyone from your institution. There is plenty for everyone. We are trying to discourage a “me first” mentality. Please, don’t make us get harsh with your institution!
- Don’t take all of one particular item or supply.
- If in doubt ask about it with a Bio-Link volunteer.
- Everyone will need to fill out a registration form with clear, legible contact information and School ID. Verification can include letterhead, School Taxpayer ID, business cards, etc. The intent is to screen out non- educational recipients.
- Everyone will fill need to fill out a documentation form if they wish to draw supplies. This form will be given to you before you leave the depot. .
- Each Recipient may also tag one piece of large Equipment item with a sticker, or if there are many recipients from one school, 2 pieces per school only. In the event of items being sought by more than one Recipient, priority will be to High/Middle Schools first, Community Colleges second, and large Universities third.
- To exit with equipment go out the back door and document items. Before exiting out the back door with equipment and supplies, each Recipient will fill out the list form of the Lab items taken and verify this with our representative. We need this be clear, legible and detailed as possible, with estimated valuation to your school or institution.