DEADLINE: FERBRUARY 8, 2013
The Scholarship Office is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for students in Basic Skills courses. The $2,000 award, for books, supplies, transportation, childcare, and other college-related necessities, will be paid over four (4) semesters at $500 each semester to students who continue to meet the eligibility requirements. The scholarship is paid in one installment each semester.
1. Currently participating in one of the following programs:
● African American Scholastic Programs
● Asian Pacific American Student Success
● Guardian Scholars Program
● Latino Services Network
2. Maintain a minimum of nine (9) credit units.
3. Completed at least one Basic Skills course. (Check Course Listing with your counselor.)
4. Be enrolled in one Basic Skills class each semester the award is given.
5. Maintain a Term and Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
6. Students may participate in only one of the following scholarship programs: The Mosaic Scholars Program, College Readiness Program or the CalWORKS Basic Skills Program.
Renewable eligibility based on the following requirements.
1. Must attend two appointments with a program counselor during each semester when scholarship funds are being awarded.
2. Have an updated counselor-prepared or electronic education plan every semester.
3. Participate in at least one academic enrichment session designated by your counselor each semester.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED