About the Program
The Student Ambassador Program believes in using current students as the avenue for connecting with new prospective students in helping them realize that they are college material and their life dreams can be fulfilled through a community college pathway.
Who are Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are current City College of San Francisco students who have 3.00 overall GPA. Ambassadors get paid $9.00 up to 15 hours per week.
What do Student Ambassadors do?
Student Ambassadors are crucial asset to the college as they serve as the first point of contact to new students. The Ambassadors perform the following duties:
- Facilitate campus tours
- Provide CCSF overview presentations at middle schools, high schools, and community based organizations
- Participate in college fairs and answer questions about CCSF
- Provide event assistance during departmental and campus events
- Provide assistance in the Outreach and Recruitment office
- Attend all Ambassador trainings and meetings
- Greet all visitors and answer questions
- Staff “Ask Me” information desk at Conlan Hall lobby ( at the beginning of each semester )
Ambassador program uses Student Learning Outcomes to assess the effectiveness of the program. The following results were obtained for 2008-2009 academic year:
- 100% of Ambassadors gained a better understanding of the various programs and services at City College of San Francisco.
- 93% of Ambassadors expressed that they improved their leadership skills.
- 92% of Ambassadors expressed that they learned new job readiness skills.
- 92% of Ambassadors felt that they gained a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
During 2008-2009 academic year, the Ambassadors won 12 scholarships. Of the Ambassadors that complete the program, 100% transfer to a four year university.
How can I become a Student Ambassador?
Outreach and Recruitment Services has a highly competitive process for hiring Ambassadors. We are able to hire based on the amount of available positions each semester. However, you can submit an application anytime during the semester. Click on the document link below for application and procedure.
To download the Ambassador application packet, you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader.