Search the library's online catalog, CityCat, to find books, films, music CDs, scores, and other materials located in all CCSF libraries
Books & Other Library Materials
Search CityCat for material in the CCSF Libraries
To search the catalog when the title, author or call number is known...
- Select the appropriate search option to locate the record for the item.
- Click on the title to view the library record for the item which shows the location, call number and availability.
LOCATION CALL # STATUS Rosenberg/ 5th Floor Circ. HV6432 .B625 2008 On the shelf
To search for materials on a specific topic...
- Try searching the topic as a Keyword, then browse the list of titles for an item on point to the topic.
- Once relevant titles are located, use the Subject links from within the individual records to find related resources.
- Search Citycat, the library catalog to find exact item.
- Click on "Request Item" from within the book record.
- Enter your name, the barcode number from your CCSF ID card.
- Select your pickup location from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a date by which to cancel the request if not filled.
- Click “Submit.
Can't find an available copy?
If the CCSF Libraries do not have the item you seek, you may be able to find the item elsewhere.
- Try searching the San Francisco Public Library catalog.
- If neither the CCSF or public libraries have your title, you can then try searching Link+ (Link + is a cooperating libraries program that the San Francisco Public Library participates in. If your book is available at another participating library, it will be sent to the San Francisco public library of your choice for pickup. It usually takes 3-4 days. You must have a public library card to use this service).
- If you cannot find your book using Link+, please ask a reference librarian for assistance.