Library & Learning Resources is committed to providing excellent resources and services that support the mission of City College of San Francisco. To fulfill its mission, the Library:
- Contributes to student learning outcomes by actively engaging in both the development and implementation of an information competency initiative that supports the curriculum and lifelong learning;
- Provides users with assistance and instruction for success in the use of library resources for their present studies and lifelong learning;
- Strives to provide equal access to print and electronic materials and to develop services, including distance learning services, for students with a wide range of scholastic abilities, learning styles and comprehension levels;
- Is supportive of and responsive to the changing needs of people with diverse ethnic, cultural, social and economic backgrounds; Advocates for faculty and staff participation in building and enhancing library resources and creating new services;
- Contributes to the college's curricular goals by providing programs and exhibitions and by publicizing available resources and activities;
- Encourages forging of partnerships and integrating of new technologies to increase access to resources and services external to the college's physical collections.
(Adopted as part of Collection Development statement. 10/29/92, revised April 2005; revision expected April 2014)