How do I get my CCSFmail account and address?
City College automatically creates an email address for you when you apply.
You get two messages sent to the email address you supplied City College on your application.
- The first message contains your CCSFmail address and the URL used to access mail.
- The second email contains the initial password for your CCSFmail account.
How can I find my CCSFmail address?
There are two ways to find out your CCSFmail address:
1: Look at the emails sent to the email address you supplied City College on your application.
2: Open the CCSF web site and click MyCCSF:
- Under the For Students column, click Web4 and log on (This is the same system WebStars uses for registration into classes).
- Go to the Personal Information page. Your CCSFmail address will be displayed along with the initial password.
How do I login to my CCSFmail account?
- Open a web browser (such as IE, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome). Use this URL: https://mail.google.com/a/mail.ccsf.edu
You will be asked for your Username and password.
- You can also get to your email logon page from the main CCSF webpage:
Click on My CCSF
Look under For Students. Scroll down to the bottom and click on GMail (CCSF Google email).
What do I have to do the first time I access my CCSFmail?
The first time you access your CCSFmail account, you have to choose a password.
Please enter the password twice, once in the Choose a password box and then in the Re-enter password box.
- If you want the menus displayed in a language other than English, select the language you want.
- Finally, type in the characters you see in the box
- If you agree with the terms and conditions of usage, press I Accept.
- Click the Create my Account button and you can begin using your CCSFmail account.
- If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, press the Cancel button and an email account will not be created for you.
I can’t remember my password, how do I reset it?
If you are unable to remember your password, you can log-on to Web4. Use the steps shown below to reset your GMail password: change the password to one that you can remember. Use this new password to log-on to your CCSFmail account. Remember, you are changing your CCSFmail password, NOT your WEB4 password.
The steps to do this are:
- Open www.ccsf.edu
- Click the MyCCSF link (top right).
- Look under For Students. Click Web4 and log in.
- Click the Personal Information link
- Click the Google Student Email link
- Click the Reset Password button. The new password will display in a few seconds. Use it to log into your CCSFmail account until you change it (see previous instructions).
Why do I need another email address?
Your CCSFmail account is where the college will send all your official City College email: registration dates and details, announcements, etc. It is important that you read these email.
Also as more features become available you will be able to use the various applications, called Google Apps, attached to the start page.
How can I forward CCSFmail to another email address?
The best way to ensure that you receive all CCSF communications is to use your CCSFmail. Because forwarding email is not reliable, CCSF does not recommend it. If you choose to forward, making sure that you receive and read all CCSF messages is your responsibility. If you want to go ahead with forwarding, here's how:
Printable PDF instructions
I deleted a mail message. Can it be recovered?
No, once a mail message is deleted, we are unable to recover it.
Is there a Service Desk number to call for help?
Yes, call 239-3987 during business hours. Email help is available at firstname.lastname@example.org