- Discounts on Computers and Software
- Distance Learning: Online, Techenhanced, Telecourses
- Email [MS 365 and CCSFmail]
- Network Account
- Instructors' Resources [Classlists, Scheduling Office, Web4, Academic Calendars, iTunesU, Multimedia, Web Grading Information, Instructional Websites, and more]
Faculty who wish to use CCSFmail (powered by Google), may apply for an account. Sign up on the MyCCSF page or go directly to: http://www.tinyurl.com/ccsf-gmail
The CCSF Windows Network
[What's a network? Check out the article, "An Educator's Guide to School Networks"]
When you login to your account, you get:
- Safe storage: Any file that you save to either your desktop or your My Documents folder can only be accessed by you under your login on that computer. Of course, you have to log off when you leave a shared computer to keep your data private. And the files are only available on that computer.
- Access to your own network drive: In My Computer under network drives, you'll see a drive with your login name on it. This provides 100 MB of space on the server that you can access from any CCSF computer on the network. So, you can save files on your network drive at Chinatown, and call them up when you login at your desk on the SouthEast campus.
Logins and passwords
When you get an account on the CCSF Windows network, you can use your login on any Faculty or Staff computer at any of the networked CCSF campuses. The login is the same as the one you use for GroupWise email and your initial password is also the same.
However, the network and Groupwise passwords are not connected. You will be required to change your network password the first time you login to the network. When you do so, it will be different from the GroupWise password.
CCSF WiFi Account
There are many WiFi spots on campus. To use them, you'll need a CCSF WiFi account. For information on getting one, go to the WiFi Network page.
Telephone Voice Mail
All CCSF faculty and staff receive a telephone number and a voice mail box, even if you don't have an office! For information about getting a phone number, go to the Telephone System Information page.
CCSF Departments and programs will designate faculty and/or staff to work on their pages within the new CCSF website (CMS).
Faculty may create personal instructional websites by:
- Using Google Sites. Get a CCSF Google Account to create your Google Site at CCSF. CCSF templates are available. See the TLC Calendar.
- Register for a class now.
- For those who like to use Dreamweaver and don't need support - Request space on the "fog" server. Call the Service Desk (Help Desk) at 239-3711 to request the form: Information Technology Services Request for Computer Account. Training is not given for this option.
For a Banner account, (your supervisor will tell you if you need one of these), fill out, get the required signatures, and submit the ITS form entitled "Information Technology Services Request for Computer Account".
Old TLC Resources page
Get your classlists from the web. (ITS no longer prints out your classlists.)
- Go to MyCCSF
- Choose Class Schedule Portal
- Log in using your CCSF ID. Follow the prompts.
- Choose the CRN for the classlist you need.
For more details on getting your classlist and emailing students from GroupWise or Google Mail/CCSFmail follow these instructions:
Getting Your Classlists from the Web (MSWord).
If you are using a Windows computer on a networked campus, you can use an automated button to send email to your students along with getting your classlist.
Educational discounts are available for CCSF faculty, staff, and students through CollegeBuys. Software includes Microsoft products, Adobe, and more.
Educational discounts on Apple computers are available at the CCSF Bookstore. Discounts on Windows machines are available from Omnipro.
Look for instructions from the Purchasing Department during first week of October, 2010.