Upon completion of courses in Political Science, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of American political principles.
- Analyze and critique current political topics and issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forms and processes of political participation at the local, state, national and/or international levels.
- Evaluate the structure and functions of a variety of other nation's political systems and the international system.
- Analyze different political theories, including liberalism and conservatism.
- Analyze the historical and philosophical foundations of the United States and California constitutions.
- Evaluate information utilizing appropriate social sciences methodologies and approaches, including the use of primary sources.
- Examine complex issues and develop, evaluate and test solutions and hypotheses.
Credit, Degree Applicable Courses