Students participating in Dance, Activity, Kinesiology/theory and/or Intercollegiate Courses will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from a Physical Education/Dance class towards achieving academic endeavors such as an Associate's Degree or transfer to baccalaureate institution, enhance career opportunities, and become further engaged in the college and community's social fabric through lifelong learning and cultural enrichment.
- Identify and demonstrate good sportsmanship, communicative and social interaction skills including the understanding of leadership and contributing roles while participating and/or competing on an intercollegiate team.
- Identify and analyze the importance of health concerns, safety and proper use of equipment while performing activity based movements.
- Identify and demonstrate the appropriate sequence of physical movements to successfully perform an activity/sport.
- Integrate the knowledge/content in consideration of an Associate's Degree in Kinesiology, Certificates in Physical Education, Coaching, Yoga or Strength and Conditioning, strengthen career opportunities in the health, fitness, and wellness fields, and synthesize community and global awareness through life long learning.