The Office of Academic Affairs
Welcome to the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs. Susan Lamb, Vice Chancellor is responsible for the overall development, implementation, budgeting and evaluation of instructional programs and related support services at City College of San Francisco.
Please call 239-3321 with any questions.
The Office oversees CCSF’s seven schools:
- Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences and Multicultural Studies
Dean Ray Gamba 239-3174
- Business, Fashion, and Culinary Arts
Dean Kimberly Harvell 452-5452
- English and Foreign Languages
Dean Jeffrey Lamb 452-5302
- ESL, International Education and Transitional Studies
Interim Dean Joanne Low 452-5342
- Health, Physical Education and Social Services
Dean Terry Hall 452-5448
- Science and Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Dean David Yee 239-3665
- Visual and Performing Arts, Journalism and Speech
Dean Douglas Bish 239-3720
In addition, the Office oversees five of CCSF's centers:
- Chinatown/North Beach
Dean Minh Hoa Ta 395-8622
Dean Geisce Ly 267-6521
- Evans and Southeast
Dean Torrance Bynum 550-4449 and 550-4947
- John Adams and Civic Centers Centers
Dean Carl Jew 561-1900
Dean Jorge Bell 920-6000
Other services provided under the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affiars include:
- Library and Learning Resources
- Education Technology
- Tenure Review and Faculty Evaluatio/Faculty Support Services and Course/Room Scheduling
Associate Vice Chancellor Tom Boegel 239-3360
- Contract Education/Continuing Education
Associate Dean Kit Dai 267-6545
Academics at City College
City College offers classes within more than 60 educational programs and over 100 occupational disciplines. Since 1935, the College has maintained a strong academic reputation through its broad range of academic and career opportunities for students of all types.
Why City College?
Students attend City College for a variety of reasons. You can earn a degree or certificate, earn the credits needed to transfer to a four-year college or university, advance your career, gain basic skills, take courses for personal enjoyment or even enroll your children in youth education classes. Whatever your goals or needs, becoming a City College student will help you meet them.
On Your Own Terms
At CCSF, our students take ultimate responsibility for their educational choices. They will learn at their own pace and on their own terms toward intellectual and professional development. Our academic programs and competent faculty will enhance your learning experience and prepare you with the valuable skill sets needed in today’s changing workplace and global economy.