GE Area E Workgroup
Goals for Area assessment:
- Review existing mapping data for area and consider refinements/gaps/next steps.
- Review outcomes and refine as necessary to ensure continued value and appropriateness.
- Develop/refine rubrics to simplify collation of data among multiple instructors.
- Develop instructions and examples to go to all instructors of assessed courses explaining how to use rubric at end of semester and reminding them that they will enter their information into future reporting forms.
- Review reporting forms after assessment is completed and summarize, analyze, and report on results
- Facilitate college-wide discussion of the results and suggested next steps
- Complete a final evaluation report on the results and the process
GEOs being assessed during Spring 2014:
Area E: Humanities requirement
Upon completion of this coursework, a student will be able to:
- Exhibit an understanding of the ways in which people through the ages in various cultures have created art
- Demonstrate an aesthetic understanding
- Make informed value judgments
- Create an example of linguistic expression or philosophical reasoning
- Contribute to the disciplines of fine and performing arts and analytical or creative writing
First meeting time: 12-1 PM | date: Dec 6 | location: Sci 37 |Agenda:
- Choose a chair
- Assign homework on developing rubrics and instructions for Spring 2014 assessment
- Schedule meetings for spring semester
Past meetings: (notes)
- Jeff Liss, Humanities/English
- Stephan Johnson, Philosophy/Social Sciences
- Ronnie Owens, Counseling
- Chris Greger, English
- Tanichya Wongprasert, Speech Communication
- Sean Kim, English
- Andrew Leone, Art
- Kristina Whalen, Speech Communication