February 6th FLEX DAY-- 1:45-2:45, Departmental SLO sessions
Feb 27th, 3:00 PM in MUB 271: All Alone: Assessment strategies for the single section course. Workshop material may be found here.
March 18th, 2:00 in MUB 388: Insight Assessment Modules. Use Insight to make your assessment data collection far less labor intensive.
March 20th,4:00 PM in MUB 271: Map it! Why does mapping matter? How do you make mapping determinations? And, how to map ILOs/GELOs to PSLOs, PSLOs to SLOs, and mapping out assessment strategies for each course SLOs as part of revising curriculum.
April 24th, 4:00 PM in MUB 271: Non-Credit Assessment Techniques Explored.
April 29th, 2:00 PM in MUB 398: Insight Assessment Modules, Repeat performance.
May 15 at 4:00 PM in MUB 271: ILO Critical Thinking Assessment Tentative Results Explored.
The above workshops are on the Ocean campus but any session may be repeated elsewhere if center deans, site supervisors, departmental chairs, or faculty are willing to schedule a time/place and have 7 particpant RSVPs in hand.
Ongoing Drop-In Help Labs
Tuesdays 1-2 pm Cloud Hall 208B
Seek guidance on:
- SLOs -- refining them, assessing them, analyzing data, considering course or program improvements, and reporting those both in the Aug 31/Jan 31 reports as well as in the annual program review documents.
- Program Review -- Linking SLOs to program impacts, resource requests, and improvements
- Course Outlines -- Updating them to ensure currency, and getting them through the Curriculum Committee
- Department/Program web pages -- Updating them to ensure currency and making them usable by your faculty, staff, and students
Ideas for future events
Future suggestions for brown bags or workshops
- Making Assessments Authentic -- bring your assessments and work with others to refine and improve them, so they can provide more useful data in a sustainable way with existing resources
- Developing Video resources -- a review of a variety of video-making tools available for developing additional resources for training, classroom, and more. Tools reviewed will include Jing, Camtasia Studio, YouTube, PowerPoint and more
- A survey of survey tools -- what's out there? -- A review of tools such as Google Forms, Moodle, Turnitin, Survey Monkey, Scantrons, Formsite.com, and more
- Using Standardized Forms to Communicate Results -- a review of online CCSF forms and department-specific and customized forms used across the college to aid coordination
- Making Outcomes Valuable Workshop -- bring your outcomes and work with others to refine and improve them, so they can better guide your service, course, or program
- Coordinating course SLOs across multiple instructors
- Assessing Programs -- take II -- what we can learn from CTE departments