A. Policy Revision – The Accrediting Commission strongly recommended the college review, revise and add various policies that reflect best practices in community colleges. The following amended policy is a part of that effort:
Board Policy 8.01 – BUDGET PREPARATION AND FISCAL ACCOUNT
The preparation and publication of an annual budget of all District funds shall be consistent with existing law and in accordance with a District budget calendar for review, tentative adoption and final adoption. “Budget” includes any tentative, proposed, or final budget required by law.
The Chancellor, or other designee, shall prepare and submit to the Board such reports showing the financial and budgetary condition of the District, including outstanding obligations, as required by law and as necessary to apprise the Board of fiscal circumstances affecting policy decisions.
Budget development shall meet the following criteria:
* The annual budget shall support the District’s strategic plans.
* Assumptions upon which the budget is based are presented to the Board for review.
* Unrestricted general reserves shall be no less than the prudent reserve defined by the Chancellor’s Office of the California Community Colleges.
* Changes in the assumptions upon which the budget was based shall be reported to the Board in a timely manner.
* Budget projections address long term goals and commitments.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Trustees conduct a second reading of the amended board policy 8.01 – Budget Preparation and Fiscal Accountability
B. Formation of Parcel Tax Oversight Committee – Intention to amend San Francisco Community College District Policy Manual by adding Board Policy 2.11 – Parcel Tax Oversight Committee (pg. 33)
C. Authorization to enter into a contract with CBRE for expert assistance in real estate matters (pg. 43)
D. Public Notice of Initial Proposal of the Service Employees International Union,
Local 1021, AFL-CIO for a Successor Collective Bargaining Agreement between San Francisco community College District and Service Employees International Union, Local 1021, AFL-CIO (pg. 44)