Facilities Master Plan
Facilities Master Plan
The Facilities Master Plan will provide a roadmap for facilities development in order to support the goals and strategies of the College’s Education Master Plan, the goals of which include: advancing student achievement in meeting educational goals, transforming and sustaining campus infrastructure, and providing new and expanded opportunities for organizational development and effective innovation. The Facilities Master Plan will:
• Provide a strategy for facilities improvement, renovation,
replacement, and new construction over the next 10 years.
• Build a 21st century community college that meets the needs of students today and into the future
• Develop facilities to anticipate the needs of students and faculty for the 21st Century
• Modernize CCSF facilities in order to serve the city of San Francisco for the next 10 years and beyond.
• As an urban college with multiple campuses, include our community in the decision-making process.
A Working Group (Capital Projects and Planning Committee) will guide the development of the Facilities Master Plan in a process that is Comprehensive, Actionable, Participatory and Transparent. This group is an advisory committee made up of faculty, administrative officials and students. The Working Group follows this process:
• NEEDS – Analyze existing facilities and identify needs
• OPTIONS - Consider a variety of options based on these needs
• RECOMMENDATION - Develop a recommended solution to address the needs
• Work Plan and Schedule
August 29, 2016, 2:00PM to 6:00PM – FMP Work Group Charette on Options
- The FMP Advisory Working Group will review and validate options diagrams for all District Locations
- Location: Multi-Use Building, Room 140
Get Involved in the Facilities Master Plan Project!
Participate in upcoming events
- The College will hold opportunities for students, faculty,
staff, administrators, community groups and the public at each
step in the planning process.
- NEEDS - Respond to the Facilities Planning Needs Survey: Completed May 2016
- OPTIONS - Participate in Planning Workshops to consider options for facilities development (in person and online): September - October 2016
- Read and submit comments on Draft Facilities Master Plan: January - February 2017
- The College will hold opportunities for students, faculty, staff, administrators, community groups and the public at each step in the planning process.
- Submit comments on-line
Follow updates on this website
- Check this webpage regularly to follow the progress of the development of the Facilities Master Plan
- To sign up for e-mail updates, send a plain text e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
with two lines in the body of the e-mail: subscribe FMP and