|| How to Apply
*Please note that as of June 1st, 2012, all International Students studying at City College of San Francisco (CCSF) will be required to purchase health insurance through CCSF's group plan.
Health Insurance Information: Click Here
If you are applying for the first time and are in your home country:
Submit the following application requirements to the office of the Intensive English Program:
- Application Form
- Official Bank Certification (not more than 6 months old) indicating the amount of funds available to you at the time of application. The Bank Certification must be the original document/letter. It must show a minimum of $18,150 in U.S. dollars or equivalent to $18,150 if your bank only provides the amount in your country's currency. It must show the account information (saving, checking), account owner's name, date, and currency. The document must also be stamped and signed by the bank official.
***Please submit both the original and the translated version if your bank cannot provide an English version and if you had your bank letter officially translated***
If the student is going to be supported by a sponsor who is a U.S. citizen or resident, the sponsor must complete an Affidavit of Support Form. The Affidavit of Support must be notarized and the sponor must also submit an official bank letter showing the current saving or checking account with a minimum of $18,150. The bank letter must be both stamped and signed by the bank official for verification.
- Photocopies of your passport title page
1) $50 Application Fee
2) $75 DHL Fee (optional)
to be paid by Money Order, Bank Cashier’s Check, or peerTransfer (information below).
[Important: Please indicate your full name on the lower portion of the Money Order or Bank Cashier's check
Please make the Money Order
or Bank Cashier's check payable to:
City College of San Francisco
Note: Personal Checks, or Cash are not accepted.
City College of San Francisco has partnered with Flywire to streamline international payment process for our students. With Flywire, you can pay online, securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency.
WHY USE FLYWIRE?
- Pay from any country and any bank, offering excellent foreign exchange rates and no hidden fees, Best Price Guaranteed!
- Offers payment method including wire transfer and credit cards for most countries and territories
- Track the progress of your payment online and receive email and text alerts each step of the way
- Multilingual customer support via phone, chat and email any time, any day for assistance with your payment
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT:
- Go to
ccsf.flywire.com, enter payment amount due to the CCSF and select country of origin, or begin your payment below by entering your amount and selecting your home country
- Select payment method and create (or login to) your Flywire account, then enter some basic information to initiate your payment booking
- Follow instructions to send payment to Flywire. For debit/credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency. (Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.)
- Track your payment any time online and receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to City College of San Francisco
To learn more about the process of making an international payment with peerTransfer, visit: Flywire Video
FLYWIRE CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION:
Phone: +1 800 346 9252
If you are making your payment by Flywire, please submit a copy of your receipt together with your application package.
Once the office receives the documents and fees, an I-20 form will be sent to you. For express or additional services, click here for more information.
Once you have received the I-20, you need to pay the mandatory $200 SEVIS fee. For more information and online payment options, go to www.fmjfee.com. You will need your SEVIS ID number and the CCSF's school code from your I-20 form, a credit card and a printer to print out your receipt.
The last step is for you to make your appointment with the American Embassy in your country in order to get your F-1 visa.
If you are transferring from another school within the US:
Follow step 1 - 5 above. In addition, please submit:
- Photocopy of your F-1 visa page (or your change of status approval document)
- I-94 https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/
- All copies of previous and current I-20
After you have been accepted by the program, you will be issued an acceptance letter and transfer-in form. Please submit these two documents to your previous school that you are transferring from. The transfer-in form must be completed and returned back to our office.
You will receive your new I-20 as soon as your previous school transfers you out.
Send or bring your application packet to:
City College of San Francisco
International Education Programs
50 Phelan Avenue
Cloud Hall, Room 212
San Francisco, CA 94112
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at:
Inquiry Form: Link