How to Apply
*Please note that as of June 1st, 2012, all International Students studying at City College of San Francisco (CCSF) will be required to purchase health insurance through CCSF's group plan.
Health Insurance Information: Click Here
To be considered for admissions as a international student to City College of San Francisco, the following documents must be completed in full and submitted to the International Student Office by the deadline dates of:
June 1st for the Fall Semester
(August - December)
October 25th for the Spring Semester
(January - May)
Submit the following application requirements to the office of the International Student Admissions:
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Official and original (no copy) score report of the International TOEFL test or IELTS test
You must have a minimum score of 473 on the written exam / 52 on the iBT exam or 5.5 on the IELTS exam in order to be considered for admissions.**
Note: Institutional TOEFL score results will be accepted.
Institutional TOEFL Code:
** Note: If you do not have or meet the minimum required test score, you can apply for Conditional Admission. **
- You must submit a copy of your OFFICIAL Transcripts of all high school or college work previously completed.
Note: Transcripts must be official and must be officially translated into English by a translation company if the original school issued transcript is not in English.
- Official Bank Certification (not more than 6 months old) indicating the amount of funds available to you at the time of application. The Bank Certification must be the original document/letter and in English. It must show a minimum of $18,150 in U.S. dollars or equivalent to $18,150 if your bank only provides the amount in your country's currency. The certification should be on a bank letterhead, must show the account information (saving, checking), account owner's name, and currency the amount is in. The document must also be dated, stamped, and signed by the bank official.
***Please submit both the original and the translated version of your bank document, if your bank cannot provide an English version, and you had your bank document officially translated***
If the student is going to be supported by a sponsor who is a U.S. citizen or resident, the sponsor must complete an Affidavit of Support Form. The Affidavit of Support must be notarized and the sponor must also submit an official bank letter showing the current saving or checking account with a minimum of $18,150. The bank letter must be both stamped and signed by the bank official for verification.
- Copy of your passport
1) $50 Application Fee
2) $75 DHL Fee (optional)
to be paid by Money Order, Bank Cashier’s Check, or peerTransfer (information below).
[Important: Please indicate your full name on the lower portion of the Money Order or Bank Cashier's check]
Please make the Money Order
or Bank Cashier's check payable to:
City College of San Francisco
Note: Personal Checks, or Cash are not accepted.
City College of San Francisco has partnered with Flywire to streamline international payment process for our students. With Flywire, you can pay online, securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency.
WHY USE FLYWIRE?
- Pay from any country and any bank, offering excellent foreign exchange rates and no hidden fees, Best Price Guaranteed!
- Offers payment method including wire transfer and credit cards for most countries and territories
- Track the progress of your payment online and receive email and text alerts each step of the way
- Multilingual customer support via phone, chat and email any time, any day for assistance with your payment
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT:
- Go to
ccsf.flywire.com, enter payment amount due to the CCSF and select country of origin, or begin your payment below by entering your amount and selecting your home country
- Select payment method and create (or login to) your Flywire account, then enter some basic information to initiate your payment booking
- Follow instructions to send payment to Flywire. For debit/credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency. (Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.)
- Track your payment any time online and receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to City College of San Francisco
To learn more about the process of making an international payment with peerTransfer, visit: Flywire Video
FLYWIRE CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION:
Phone: +1 800 346 9252
If you are making your payment by Flywire, please submit a copy of your receipt together with your application package.
- Applicants under the age of 18
If you are under the age of 18, you must also submit a copy of your high school diploma, completed guardian form (form is at the right side of this page), and a copy of your U.S. guardian's legal ID. Please note that your guardian in the U.S. must live in or around the city of San Francisco, and your guardian must have a legal status to live in America while you are still under 18.
Once the office receives the documents and fees, the International Student Admissions Office will review your application, and an I-20 form will be sent to you. The tuition fee is due upon registration. THIS AMOUNT MAY CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. This fee is calculated based on 12 units of course which must maintain each semester plus the mandatory health service fee. You must also maintain those 12 units with a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 to maintain your F-1 student status at CCSF.
Once you have received the I-20, you need to pay the mandatory $200 SEVIS fee. For more information and online payment options, go to www.fmjfee.com. You will need your SEVIS ID number from your I-20 form, a credit card and a printer to print out your receipt.
Make an appointment with the American Embassy/Consulate in your country in order to get your F-1 visa.
Attend the 1-week mandatory orientation in the month of July for Fall semesters, and December or January for Spring semesters.
(Orientation will include taking the placement exam, meeting the counselors, paying for the mandatory health insurance, and registering for classes)
CCSF – International Students who transfer from another Secondary or Post Secondary U.S. institution to City College of San Francisco must comply with all INS transfer eligibility requirements.
Follow step 1 - 5 above. In addition, please submit:
- Photocopy of your F-1 visa page (or your change of status approval document)
- I-94 https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/
- All copies of previous and current I-20
You will receive the acceptance package together with the transfer form, which you will need to provide to your current school to fill out and then return back to CCSF.
You will receive your new I-20 as soon as your previous school transfers you out.
IMPORTANT: FOR MAJORS IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, CALL DIRECTLY TO THE DEPARTMENT AT CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO FOR A DEPARTMENTAL APPLICATION.
Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management (415) 239-3152
Pharmacy Technician (415) 239-1819
Nursing (415) 239-3218
Send or bring your application packet to:
City College of San Francisco
International Student Admissions Office
50 Phelan Avenue, Cloud Hall, Room 212
San Francisco, CA 94112, USA
If you have any questions regarding the Academic Program, please feel free to contact us at:
Inquiry Form: Link