GroupWise 7 for Windows: General
Version 7 of GroupWise for Windows is available on new computers and by request (see your local ITS staff person or call the Help Desk at 415.239-3711). If you need to find out which version you have, click Help on the menu at the top of the GroupWise window and choose About GroupWise - or look at your icon.
How big a change is it from 6.5 to 7?
- Graphics are updated. But anyone who has used the Windows version of GroupWise will quickly be comfortable—and happy—with the new interface.
- New features include new graphics, a Navigation bar, the ability to search attachments as well as the text of your emails, multiple signatures, spell-check for languages other than English, and a way to add address to your address books with a couple of clicks.
- Some people will love the new Home view tab that enables you to configure panels showing multiple parts of your email at the same time: New mail, a Calendar, your Checklist folder. Others will bypass this feature and stick with opening their mailbox.
- Summary of New Features [PDF]
- The complete Novell Manual [PDF]
Help and Support
These web pages (with more coming...), documents, workshops, and the Help Desk (239-3711) will be available to help with questions.
Last updated: April 23, 2009 | Vic Fascio: email@example.com