GroupWise for Windows: General information
The full-featured Windows GroupWise program is only available inside CCSF's network on Faculty/Staff Windows computers, not from home. You'll see its icon on the desktop and Start menu. It is very fast and has more features than the Web version of GroupWise.
Currently ( April 24, 2009 ) Most folks have version 6.5 installed on their computers. Version 7 is being installed on all new computers for faculty and staff. And it is available by request (see your local ITS staff person or call the Help Desk at 415.239-3711). To find out which version you have, click Help on the menu at the top of the GroupWise window and choose About GroupWise - or look at your GroupWise for Windows icon. The process and timing of the change to GroupWise 7 is being carried out by Information Technology Services (ITS) under the oversight of the ITPC committee.
GroupWise Version 7 icon
|GroupWise Version 6.5 Icon|
A few of the things that you can do in the Windows GroupWise program, but not on the Web:
- Repositioning folders
From the Menu bar, click Edit > Folders. Choose a folder and click the Up/Down/Right/Left buttons
- Sorting folders—right-click the Cabinet and click "sort subfolders"
- Quick deleting of the largest messages in your main folders
Click the Mailbox Size button at the lower right of the GroupWise window; then click the various folders. You'll see a display of your top 10 messages in each folder arranged with the largest at the top. Select and delete them to quickly bring down your mailbox size
- Quick deleting of hundreds or thousands of messages
- Open, for example, Sent Items, and scroll to the beginning of the time period you want to delete.
- Click to highlight a message,
- then scroll to the last message you want to delete and Shift-click it ( hold down the Shift key and click).
All messages from the first click to the Shift-click are now highlighted.
- Press Delete to send them all to the trash or Shift-Delete to bypass the trash.
- Wait until GroupWise grinds through the deletion process.
When the display returns, check the bottom right indicator to see the difference in your Mailbox Size
These web pages (with more coming...), documents, workshops, and the Help Desk (239-3711) will be available to help with questions.
Listing of PDF files on various GroupWise topics
- from increasing font size to using the Calendar.
Last updated: April 24, 2009 | Vic Fascio: firstname.lastname@example.org