| EMPLOYMENT |
Campus Control Aide
Campus Control Aide
See current job posting.
Under direction, Campus Control works in the Public Safety Department of City College of San Francisco and is responsible for maintaining appropriate behavior and a flow of foot traffic in and around the campus areas and at events authorized and sponsored by the college; takes necessary action to correct situations which may lead to undesirable behavior; prepares related reports and memoranda; assists in the development and enforcement of campus policies regarding conduct and flow of foot traffic; and performs related duties as required.
Examples of Duties:
- Acts to facilitate a smooth flow of foot traffic through a crowded facility or building during peak hours; and assists and directs student personnel in appropriate situations.
- Anticipates and investigates areas of disturbance, confers with appropriate persons concerning findings and recommendations.
- Handles incidents of undesirable behavior with tact and appropriate firmness.
- Coordinates crowd control and security measures for athletic and other campus events.
- Prepares reports of unusual occurrences and memos to administrators on campus policies and regulations regarding movement of students.
- Writes parking citations.
Training and Experience:
- 1. Completion of 15 semester units of college in Criminology/Administration of Justice, Public Administration, or related field; AND
- Six months (1000 hours) of paid experience in police or security work; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience; OR
Possession of an 832PC certificate
Completion of Administration of Justice campus field work course as stated in Minimum Qualifications #1, (equivalent to 6 units) is equivalent to 6 months of outside work experience. However, candidate must complete at least 6 months (1000 hours) of paid work experience outside the District and at least 6 units of college coursework in the appropriate field.
Note: Work experience with the District as a College Work Study (CSW) student or Lab Aide (3591 classification) will not be considered or applied as qualifying experience.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Required skill and understanding in working with young people; excellent communication skills; understanding of the students' community; ability to respond tactfully and effectively to those who question existing campus policies and regulations; familiarity with the City College of San Francisco organization, programs, activities, rules and regulations; knowledge of state, local and San Francisco Board of Education rules and regulations governing conduct on public school property; and ability to prepare reports of some complexity.
Verification of qualifying education must include copies of transcripts, diplomas or certificates. If verification cannot be obtained, the applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why such verification cannot be obtained. Requests for waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Foreign degree(s)/coursework used as qualifying to meet minimum qualifications must be evaluated by a foreign degree evaluation service organization, before an application can be processed. Please contac the CCSF Human Resources Department at (415) 487-2445 for evaluation sources. Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver with the application the the time of filling will result in rejection of the application.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials to:
Clara Starr, Director, Human Resources,
33 Gough Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. (Postmarks will not be honored). Applications filed without all the required documents will be rejected:
- A letter expressing interest in the position; AND
- A current resume summarizing educational background and related work experience; AND
- A City and County of San Francisco employment application form completed in full. Application forms are available at the CCSF Human Resources Department, and can be requested in person at 33 Gough Street San Francisco, CA 94103; or by calling (415) 241-2246. A resume or vita shall not be substituted for a completed CCSF application form; AND
- Educational Verification as stated above.