|Metro Health Academies|
|Where College Success Meets Social Change|
City College of San Francisco & San Francisco State University
Dedicated to supporting a new generation of leaders for social justice in urban communities.
MHA is a program to support diverse students in:
- Completing general education requirements with a small cohort of students who are interested in real world issues.
- Preparing in an engaged learning environment to write effectively, speak powerfully, and think critically.
- Building a solid foundation for meaningful work in public health, social services (from social work to mental health to the non-profit sector), the health care professions, or community organizing.
Benefits of the MHA program:
- A clear, fast track to transfer or graduation.
- One-on-one support from teachers & dedicated MHA advisors.
- A community of students with similar interests working together.
- Interesting classes that are relevant to real life.
- Strong academic preparation using proven learning strategies.
- Ways to give back to your community & make a difference in the world.